WHAT WILL BE YOUR LEGACY?
Your gift to Conservation Trust for North Carolina (CTNC) creates a real and lasting investment in conservation in North Carolina, whether it be during or after your life. These gifts may also provide income and tax benefits to you and your family, while enabling you to continue to invest in CTNC’s work. By combining your gift with other gifts from public and private sources, we are able to preserve forests, provide clean water, protect scenic Blue Ridge Parkway vistas, and help build resilient, just communities across North Carolina.
- What sparked your passion for conservation?
- Why do you currently support CTNC?
- Who were the important people in your life that helped to inspire your love of nature?
- How do you plan to share your love of conservation with your family and future generations?
To learn more about making a gift to benefit CTNC, please call us at (919) 828-4199 ext. 1300 or complete this request for additional information. All inquiries are held in strict confidence.
Planned gifts may include:
- Bequests – Bequests in wills can take a number of simple forms. An outright gift, either a designated dollar amount or percentage of your estate, could be specified. CTNC may also be named as a remainder beneficiary to receive funds only after specific sums have been paid to individual beneficiaries.
- Pension Plans/Retirement Accounts – By naming CTNC as the beneficiary of your individual retirement account, pension, 401(k), or other retirement savings plan, your estate may be able to save both income and estate taxes.
- Gifts of Real Estate - Please discuss your wishes with us before making your gift.
- Gifts of Life Insurance - A tax-deductible gift of whole or universal life insurance can be made by naming CTNC as owner and beneficiary. You can purchase a new policy or donate a policy that you currently own but no longer need. Check with your insurance agent for additional details.
Sample language that may be useful as you are making your estate plans may be found here.
CTNC's EIN Number is 58-1552188.
This information is not intended as tax, legal, or financial advice. Every family’s financial situation is unique and it is important that you check with your personal attorney and/or financial advisor to find the most suitable gift arrangements for you and your family.